Each spring during "kitten season," thousands of newborn kittens join the millions of cats already in shelters across the country. That means your local shelter has tons of cute, cuddly newborns, in addition to all the mellow, older cats and everything in between. And the shelter staff are ready to help you adopt your very first cat — or to bring home a friend for another beloved cat!
Checklist for Adopting a Cat:
- If you're thinking about adopting a cat, consider taking home two.
- Find a cat whose personality compliments yours.
- Pick out a veterinarian ahead of time and schedule a visit within the first few days following the adoption.
- Make sure everyone in the house is prepared to have a cat before it comes home.
- Budget for the short- and long-term costs of a cat.
- Stock up on supplies before the cat arrives.
- Cat-proof your home.
- Go slowly when introducing your cat to new friends and family.
- Be sure to include your new pet in your family's emergency plan.
- If you're considering giving a cat as a gift, make sure the recipient is an active participant in the adoption process.
Take Your Dog To Work Day
Want to join this effort to celebrate dogs and promote their adoption? Start by participating in the 16th annual Take Your Dog To Work Day on Friday, June 20. Get your company involved and encourage your co-workers to adopt from your local shelter or rescue group—and give a dog a chance.
Download your free TYDTWDay action pack.
Wahington Pike Veterinary Hospital
3400 Mill Road
Knoxville, TN 37924
Monday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am- 7:00pm
Thursday-Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Saturday 9:00 am - Noon
No Show Policy:
Missed appointment - $25
Missed surgery - $100